04 Feb Take a WordPress Workshop with the Wizard
Fandom Marketing’s own WordPress “wizard” Rob Marlbrough is teaching WordPress workshops through AIGA San Diego, with a beginners and an advanced series. The beginner’s series covers basic WordPress use, while the advanced series covers theme editing and custom theme development. Here’s a sneak peak of what Rob is teaching the AIGA community of designers now through the end of the month. Plus, don’t miss your opportunity to join our ongoing WordPress Workshop Meetup for low cost training every six weeks. You do not have to be an AIGA member to attend these courses.
AIGA beginner’s series
The beginning series has already begun and is sold out! After completing the beginners’ series students will walk away with:
- An active WordPress site and blog
- Understanding of the differences between WordPress and other versions of WordPress
- Solid skills in publishing web content in WordPress
- Understanding of the basic structure of a WordPress Theme
- Basic understanding of theme customization and options
- Understanding of how comments, comment spam, and interactivity works on a WordPress site
AIGA advanced series
There are still a few seats available for the advanced series. If you are interested in attending you can register on the AIGA website here. You do not have to be a member to sign-up. The advanced session will focus on more in-depth material also geared towards designers. After completing the advanced series, students will have:
- An active self-hosted WordPress site and blog
- Know how to manage plugins
- Understanding of user roles and levels
- Understanding of child themes and CSS customization
- Know how to manage themes
- Know how to manage menus and navigation
- Understanding of the WordPress Theme structure – how to enable and configure Multisite
When: Tuesdays, February 19 & 26, March 5
5:45 – 9pm
330 A Street
San Diego, CA 92101
Cost for Advanced Series: $30 AIGA Members, $60 Non Members
*Workshop is not available for individual class purchases, only in a 3-Pack. You must register in advance online, up to 2 days prior to the workshop start date.
regularly scheduled WordPress workshops
If you are interested in attending a WordPress workshop in San Diego, you are in luck! Rob hosts one every six weeks. The format is customized to you because you bring your pressing questions and get real answers on the spot. Rob offers a friendly and easy way to get help with their WordPress website in a welcoming environment. You can’t get this kind of hands on training anywhere at the price.
Join the WordPress Workshop Meetup group to receive updates on upcoming workshops. It’s free to join the Meetup group, workshops typically cost under $30.